Although managers boosted equity exposure in Q2, the Q1 spike in the bfinance Risk Aversion Index has not substantially softened in Q2, with a range of indicators illustrating the ongoing uncertainty (implied volatilities, gold prices, CDX etc).
On the back of a tumultuous first half, investors have been seeking to dissect their
performance – and that of their external asset managers – through the crisis. One key issue in focus: how does portfolio diversification hold up when risk exposures such as factor intensity suddenly increase?
Strategically, many investors are in “wait and see” mode. Yet the first half of 2020 has
proven to be a remarkably active period for new manager selection activity: 55% of all
manager searches launched by bfinance clients during the last twelve months have
been initiated in the first half of this year.
- DWS | Election And Vaccine Equity Strategy: Same Style, Still Cautious
- Columbia Threadneedle | Exploring the equitisation of the Brazilian stock market
- Eaton Vance | How corporate governance factors can influence financial performance
- Janus Henderson | Global Sustainable Equity Investing Report 2019
- Nuveen | We expect the “rotational correction” in stocks to continue
- Northern Trust | No End in Sight for Low Interest Rates
- T. Rowe Price | Federal Help Wanted: Municipalities Face Fiscal Uncertainties
- Pictet Asset Management | Strategic credit: a nimble approach for an uncertain world
- Robeco | Gross Domestic Past-it – rethinking how we value societal progress
- DWS | The FED's Framework Review - Evolution Toward Flexibility